Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's a Salty Summer


I just love the Summer Time....I know living in Arizona has it's pros and cons, but one of the pro's is "the swimming" available 24 hours a day! One scary thing that swimming pools can offer is the over abundance of harmful fumes from chlorine.
I've heard many times on the local news how pools have had to close down because of over doing it when adding the chemicals. And all you blondes out there, don't you just love the hint of green in your hair after your swim?
Ok...so what options do we have? Burn up to death from heat exhaustion? Make our body's more toxic from harsh chemicals?
Good news! Salt Water pools are becoming more and more popular. Infact, I just had a salt water pool installed, and have not once regreted it. You actually can get out of the water, and not have to run directly to the shower. No green hair, and no toxic chemicals to smell.
If you don't have access to a salt water pool, it's best to take a salt bath at least a couple times of week to help pull out toxins that you're body may have ingested. I think the bath salts that have Dead Sea Salt, Epsom Salts along with other herbs and oils are the best. It makes you feel so good and is very luxjurious. If you are still faced with using a chlorine pool, be sure to rinse off immediately, and you can also invest in a shampoo good for rinsing out chemicals. Since I have blonde hair, I find rinsing with vinegar is helpful and also rinsing hair with beer adds great bounce and helps get out the chemicals. When I have extra time on my hands, I like to make a Chamomile tea for the final rinse in my hair. Rosemary tea is great for brunettes and redheads to rinse off with.
As with summer time safety...Stay Hydrated... Have Fun....Be Safe. Always watch out for the little ones in pools. Pool safety is a must!

No comments:

Post a Comment