Thursday, June 24, 2010

Baby it hot's outside! Part two....

Yesterday in my blog, I think I let everyone know that Arizona is very hot. Scorching hot to be exact. Since I'm not in the resturant business of creating egg dish masterpieces from cement cooking, I better figure something else out to enjoy the heat and learn how to get in the chill zone.
I have come up with a great tea recipe that actually brings down the core temp of your body. Give it a try and you will be amazed how yummy it is and refreshing.
Iced Teas are great for summer time. Here's one of my favorite summer drinks to help keep you cool.
Green Tea Cooler
8 to 10 green tea bags (or mix 1/2 and 1/2 black tea )
6 to 8 peppermint ice cubes
sweetner to taste ( I prefer Stevia )
Directions: Place tea bags in 8 cups of water. Bring to boil, and take off stove. Leave tea bags in water until water is back to room temperature. Discard tea bags and add 6 more cups of cold water to tea.
To make ice cubes: I do this night before: 6 peppermint tea bags in 2 cups water. Bring to boil, and then take off heat. Pour this strong tea mixture into ice cubes trays. Freeze overnight.
This is a very thrist quenching drink and helps bring down the body temperatures in the hot summer months.
Drink to good health.........and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment